Health & Safety Policy
- SNRC subscribes to the Health and Safety Accord of the BC Forest Industry
- We believe that all injuries and fatalities are preventable and that excellence in health and safety is a key to our long-term success.
- It is essential that all workers co-operate in the safety effort.
‘Safety is a condition of employment’
- SNRC holds all levels of management and employees to enforce and follow safe work procedures (SWPs).
- All employees and contractors are held accountable for following SWPs and reporting unsafe acts and safety incidents.
- We are committed to compliance with any and all government agencies, regulations, and industry best practices.
NOTE TO EMPLOYEES:
- Safe work practices are to be followed at all times.
- Safety related behaviors are a primary criteria during employee evaluations and performance reviews.
- Disciplinary action may be taken when an employee disregards safety rules or company policies, or allows someone else to work unsafely.
- SNRC’s OH&S program is designed to work in conjunction with the safety programs of our clients.
- SNRC employees are accountable for understanding how to refer to and follow client policies.
- SNRC expects every employee and contractor to approach every situation with safety as the primary consideration
‘Nothing We Do is Worth Getting Hurt For’
- The objectives of the OH&S program are to:
- Promote safe and efficient work practices;
- Ensure that each employee is made aware of correct job procedures
- Ensure that each employee is properly trained for the tasks assigned to them;
- Ensure that each employee is aware of the hazards on the specific job they are performing;
- Become a leader in the industry of Health & Safety